We are seeking one Full Time Smoke Monitor
This position is Monday through Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM
Purpose of Smoke Monitor
The primary purpose of your job position is to supervise the day-to-day smoking activities of the residents on the facility patio, first floor day room, and first floor elevator area. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Administrator or designee, to ensure that the highest level of safety is maintained at all times.
To provide Exemplary Customer Service to our residents
To ensure proper Smoking rules and regulations are followed according to facility policy.
To promote a positive and healthy atmosphere for our residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the Security Department in directing the day-to-day functions of the resident smoking activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
· Follow smoking schedules for when cigarettes are to be distributed, giving the residents one (1) cigarette per pass.
· Assist residents with lighting cigarettes and distributing smoking aprons or other safety devices as needed.
· Report all unsafe smoking activity to Social Services.
· Ensure that residents adhere to the facility smoking policy.
· Patrol patio entry and area to intervene any unsafe smoking activity.
· Patrol elevator area and assist residents with entry and exit of elevators to control resident traffic.
· Intervene and diffuse situations of resident behavior as a measure to prevent resident altercations.
· Ensure patio and elevator areas are free of clutter to prevent resident falls.
· Grasp an understanding and abide all resident rights.
· Ensure that residents are free of abuse, and report any allegations of abuse to the Administrator immediately.
· Assist Reception and Security for lunch break coverage, and returning back to line of duty immediately when break is over.
· Assist with answering/transferring facility phone in a professional manner.
Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills
Must be able to interact with mentally ill residents in a positive and professional manner
Must demonstrate adequate communication skills
Experience working with Mental Illness is a plus
Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.