We are looking for a qualified Dietary Aide to prepare and serve food to people in our facility. You will deliver dishes and ensure good sanitary condition in cooking and dining premises.
A Dietary Aide must be capable to prepare food following instructions while adhering to all safety and health standards. They must be competent and conscientious with a customer-oriented approach.
The goal is to provide excellent food services by following instructions and standards.
- Set up tables or other dining areas with attention to cleanliness and order
- Prepare meals under the supervision of a dietary manager or cook
- Deliver dishes and trays at designated times and rooms
- Take down dining areas and collect plates, glasses etc.
- Discard leftovers and take out garbage
- Clean food stations and wash dishes, cooking vessels and silverware
- Stock ingredients and monitor inventory
- Assist in keeping track of expenses and menu planning
- Help maintain kitchen equipment and appliances
- Other responsibilities as designated by Supervisor or Designee.
- Proven experience as a dietary aide would be a plus.
- Further experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety guidelines
- Skilled in preparing meals according to instructions
- Apt in operating cookware, bakeware and cooking appliances
- Friendly with good communication skills
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; certification in food services is a plus
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must maintain the care & use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition & enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing food practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet. ,
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.