Job Summary:Performs a variety of scheduled housekeeping tasks such as: floor mopping, vacuuming, wall washing, cleaning, dusting, and other typical housekeeping tasks.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Speak and understand residents’ preferred language (English).
- Ability to learn and follow the housekeeping/laundry procedures.
- Able to function in a nursing home setting and be tactful, pleasant and friendly to residents, staff and guests.
- Genuine liking and respect for the elderly and physically and mentally challenged.
- Ability to work independently and with supervision.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
Hours of Work: Fridays and Saturdays 2:00PM – 10:00PM and Sundays 7:00AM – 3:00PM and as scheduled; may include weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Schedule may vary from pay period to pay period.
- Operates mops, squeegees, and vacuum cleaners required for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls and furniture.
- Replace paper supplies, hand soap, restroom supplies and other items.
- Cleans resident’s rooms; vacuums areas of carpet, sweeps and mops, cleans bathroom floors, stool, sink and mirror.
- Cleans public rest room; toilets, sinks, mirrors, empty garbage, check paper towels, toilet paper.
- Cleans tub room; sweeps and mops floor, cleans tub, sink, toilet and mirror.
- Dusts all wood work and furniture in building.
- Cleans windows in doors and common areas inside and out.
- Transports dirty laundry from the wings to the soiled linen room and sorts articles.
- Takes sorted articles to the laundry loads, activates and empties washing machines and dryers.
- Folds, stacks or hang articles; pressing and mending personal clothing as required.
- Returns personal articles to appropriate resident room and distributes linen and other laundry supplies to the storage rooms on the wings.
- Maintains department works areas, equipment and supplies in a clean and orderly manner.
- Attends in-service as directed by the director.
- Participates in and promotes resident rounds.
- Other tasks as needed by supervisor.
Housekeeping Physical Requirements:
Complete the following tasks frequently; Bend/Stoop and Push/Pull.
Complete the following tasks regularly; Squat, Crawl, Climb-Height, Reach above Shoulder Level, Crouch, Kneel, Balance, and Walking
Bilateral: Grasping, Firm Grasping, and Fine Manipulation
Working on unprotected heights; Being around moving machinery; Exposure to marked changes in temperature; Exposure to dust, fumes, and gases; Exposure to blood borne pathogens; Exposure to medical waste and materials.
Complete the following frequently: Lifting up to 25 lbs
Complete the following occasionally: Lifting up to 50 lbs