Sunday – Thursday
10:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Must have a bachelors degree in a human services field (including but not limited to: sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, gerontology or psychology) and have a minimum of one year supervised experience in mental health or human services.
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in implementing the programs of the Social Services Department, to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis, to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all residents of the facility, and to assure that social services are provided in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, in accordance with the facility’s established policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations and the directions of your supervisors, who include the Social Services Director, PRSD, Administrator, Assistant Administrator, and other members of the facility’s management to whom such persons report, in order to assure that the highest level of social services for the facility’s residents is maintained at all times.
As Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Coordinator, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Support the facility’s philosophy of care and strive to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Greet new residents to the facility and orient them to the building and staff.
- Provide the resident with a stable therapeutic relationship.
- Maintain as much personal contact as possible with the resident and his/her family or guardian in order to continue good relations and to determine changing conditions and needs.
- Maintain appropriate departmental documentation:
- Coordinate room changes and make calls to families when necessary.
- Address problems of residents and families and attempt to reconcile differences.
- Remain current and provide information to residents and families regarding Advance Directives and assist in completion of documents as needed.
- Provide information about community resources to residents and families.
- Meet with representatives from community agencies such as home health care and agencies providing outside programs for residents.
- Attend Care Plan, admissions, rehabilitation, marketing, performance improvement, and Medicare meetings and others as deemed appropriate.
- Review and assist the resident in understanding the treatment plan and program schedule.
- Prepare and assist the resident with active participation in the treatment plan review.
- Provide and/or coordinate the delivery of the psychiatric services programs.
- Monitor the resident in the areas of self-directed care and for overall compliance with the treatment plan.
- Keep residents rights current and up-to-date with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain contact with court representatives regarding legal guardianship procedures for residents.
- Coordinate all aspects of hospice care for those residents and/or families who choose hospice.
- Coordinate discharge planning for appropriate residents
- Follow schedules for group and one-to-one programs, chart daily attendance in group activities and write weekly/monthly progress notes in a timely fashion.
- Complete care plan as needed and follow through with approach and goals developed.